- Replace the broken foam roll suspension ring on woofers with foam or longer lasting rubber. This needs to be done fairly quickly after the cone edge breaks completely free, or damage to the voice coil can occur. Even before they split, the worn out and weak foam rings will be reducing the quality of bass reproduction. Once repaired, the woofer/driver will be as good as new. In some cases, a new modern rubber suspension ring will actually allow the speaker to perform better than when it was new. Same day service on request for extra.
- Reform or replace pushed in dome dust caps.
- Replace woofers, midranges, tweeters, terminals, crossovers, etc., with components of a similar or higher standard.
- Repair or rebuild grill board/frame, cloth and clips.
- Redesign poorly designed or faulty crossovers. The crossover is one of the most important parts of a good speaker, it should smoothly separate the signal to the appropriate drivers, and protect them.
- Completely redesign and upgrade your old speakers to a much higher quality standard of clarity and power. This will be easier and less expensive than buying new ones, if your tired old speakers still have suitable cabinets you are accustomed to, or fond of.
A common problem with old speakers with foam suspension rings is that they deteriorate (turn to tar, crumble, crack, fall into pieces etc.). In most cases the suspension ring can be replaced and the speaker will be as good as new again for another 15 years of use or more.
Prices for replacing suspension rings: 8 inch or less $40, 10 inch $45, 12 inch $50, 15 inch $60. Some specialist speakers may cost a bit more. Rubber surrounds (where available) cost about $5 extra.
Rebuilt system example (using your old boxes)
100 watts RMS, 8 inch large magnet mid/Woofers, quality 1 inch dome tweeters that we will adapt to your boxes for $390 with a pair of professionally installed and tuned crossovers, terminals, ports, etc. as needed. They will match and surpass many high priced speakers in hifi shops. Or, you could build new boxes to our plans if you wish. We have many models that can be adapted to any size box, (2 way, 3 way, large, small, etc.) very versatile!
Upgrade your old Speakers
Some ASCENSION models can be adapted to your cabinets at greatly reduced prices if they are of similar internal volume and have a suitable front baffle for adaptation -- many to choose from; similar to the kit price of each model.
Enquire about any other speaker system you might desire. All built to
high standards of technical and sound quality. Guaranteed! Great